Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chez Maman (brunch)

I came here on a nice Saturday afternoon with someone that has been pretty amazing. Brunch was just alright. I thought my poached egg with salmon and goat cheese was a little salty. Gargh, I really need to stop ordering salmon at brunch. I usually order it "just to be safe" or if there is nothing on the menu that seems appealing. The company said that the garlic aioli was overpowering but that's how I like my garlic so when I'm craving a giant burger on a roll with too much garlic, I will be coming to Chez Maman. Chez Maman has been my favorite place for the past few months but I think I'm happier slurping oysters while sharing fish and chips with a sparkling sauvignon blanc from New Zealand at Woodhouse. Yeah, that night was perfect.

the popular burger topped with brie.

salmon, goat cheese cocotte.

cappuccino :)

and finally! my favorite pain perdu drizzled with an apple chantilly with berries and cream.

2 comments:

  1. mamamia this burger looks awesome!! Is that camembert on top of the steak? gosh it's making me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing about Chez Maman.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151247547052550&set=a.180274322549.124981.180268852549&type=1&theater&notif_t=like

    ReplyDelete